1/2 cup quinoa
12 oz. kidney beans, cooked
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 yellow onion
1 celery stick
1/2 red pepper
4 oz. oregano, fresh
4 oz. cilantro, fresh
1 dash pepper
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon cumin
Kitchen Equipment: Food processor, pot, pan
Prep Time: 15 m
Cook: 15 min
Ready In: 30 m
1. In a pot of boiling water, cook the quinoa on medium heat for 10-15 minutes or until soft.
2. In a food processor, pulse blend kidney beans, garlic, onion, celery, carrots, red pepper, tomatoes, oregano, and cilantro. (Optional: Leave some kidney beans whole to add texture to the chili.)
3. In a separate pan, cook food processor ingredients on medium-low heat on stove for 5-10 minutes.
4. Add pepper, chili powder, and cumin to the pan and stir two minutes.
5. Drain quinoa, add to pan, and stir two minutes.
2 thoughts on “Quinoa Chili”
I love cooking with quinoa at the moment. Thanks for the recipe
Fantastic! It makes me very happy to hear you are going to try the recipe! Thank you!